The Coface group has contributed since its establishment to the performance and growth of businesses.
While becoming more and more international, the Coface group has contributed since its establishment to the performance and growth of businesses of all sizes worldwide, and to building and conveying a climate of trust among economic players.
- Establishment of Coface, a French company specialising in export credit insurance.
- Start of international expansion. Gradual development of the network in new countries, most notably Germany and Austria in 1991 and UK and Italy in 1992.
- Creation of CreditAlliance, a worldwide network of insurance companies, business information agencies, multiline insurance companies and factoring companies.
- Coface privatised. The Group continues to handle public guarantees on behalf of the French State.
- Coface in Belgium was created in Brussels.
- Coface becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Natixis, the financing, asset management and financial services arm of the BPCE Group, France’s second largest banking group.
- Activities refocused on credit insurance, its traditional core business.
- Launch of Coface Global Solutions (a set of services aimed at multinationals) and TopLiner (complementary cover to the classic credit insurance).
- Direct presence in 67 countries.
- Guarantees delivered in nearly 200 countries.
- Success of the Coface IPO on the regulated market of Euronext Paris. As of July 2nd 2014, the resulting shareholding is as follows: Public: 58.50%; Natixis: 41.24%; Employees: 0.26%.
- Launch of 3-year strategic plan - Fit to Win